Sunday 14 May 2017

All is fair (Kannahamaru #4)

Share it Please

Wait, let me guess?
You want to know what happened to us after the incidents of the last episode.  But you're going to wait a bit more to find the answer to that question. You may have other questions as well like,
Q: Why didn't Kannahamaru punch the werewolf if he's strong enough to punch a hole through a solid wall of concrete?
Now if you were paying attention you would also notice that I'm not telling events in an exact chronological order. (Kannahamaru does not respect time.) So we may yet to see as to why.
So no. You're not going to find out what happened to Kannahamaru, Rocky, myself and the beautiful stranger until the episode after this one.
Since we're clear with what this episode is not, let’s get on with what it is.

-----------------

Day 1

"I'm in love"
Kannahamaru was super-excited.
"I thought you believed Love's just chemicals" Rocky said. "That's a big jar of chemicals you're in K"
"Love may be just chemicals but that doesn't make it any less real and yes I have my weaknesses I'm an acrophobic and a cynophobic but not a  chemophobic, never a chemophobic."
Kannahamaru said.
"So first love."
I probed him
"No this is not the first. First one was when I was studying in the fourth standard and I paperballed my matter-of-fact love letter at Arvine. Which didn't quite reach there and some other girl picked it up who broke into tears."
"Kannahamaru, in 4th standard and already girls crying for him."
I said.
"I believe that was more like girls crying because of him."
Rocky had a goofy smile.
"Tomato, tomhato."
"I've already written a letter. They have placed this thing at university for the Valentine's day a box were we can deposit our letters and they get delivered to the addressees."
"Seems simple enough"
Rocky acknowledged.
"This almost feels like destiny, that I fall in love with her around the Valentine's Day and all"
"You don't believe in such things"
"I don't have to believe in such things for it to be true."

-----------------

Day :2 ( Valentine's day)

"Why is she wearing black?"
Kannahamaru wondered aloud.
"Why indeed?"
Rocky joined in
"Because they've like a color code for Valentine's Day.”
"Is it like the color code for resisters?"
"See, you get the idea"
I was rather relived to see Kannahamaru unscathed in the evening. He looked goofy yet delightful.
"I've given her the letter."
He declared.
"And?"
Rocky was intrigued.
"She knew it was me."
"How?"
"They must've figured it out from the style of prose and the rich vocabulary. Or was it because I gave her the other copy of the letter?"
Kannahamaru said.
"Wait, you had another copy?”
I asked.
“Just in case I lose the first one.”
"But what if you lose that one?"
"That's why I made these"
Said Kannahamaru pulling out a bundle of sheets from his pocket.
"But I've not told anyone ... except you guys  ... and a couple of ... more like all the girls in my class and all the people on the bus and anyone else who would listen."

-----------------

Day 09

"I've got new frames"
Said Kannahamaru pointing at his glasses.
"See, her favorite color is yellow so..."
"These frames are orange, dude."
Rocky objected.
“Yeah, hers is yellow, and mine is red."

-----------------

Day 13

"Do you think I should go and talk to her about homeopathy?"
Asked Kannahamaru
"Because asking her out is too mainstream?"
Rocky wondered aloud.
"Don't rush it dude, I don't think she's ready for such level of commitment. Better you start with how Santa isn't real and how Christians hijacked winter solstice before getting that intimate."
Answered me.

-----------------

Day 15

“She has a boyfriend.”
Rocky announced.
"And what? You want one too?"
Asked Kannahamaru calmly.
"Such a possibility was taken into account and its possible repercussions were analysed carefully and such analyses were meta-analyesd and information thus obtained was rechecked for errors and graph was plotted. From the graphical solution, the probability of her having no boyfriend was near zero. In other words I knew this was coming".
Added him .
"This is an extension of the general rule that all the beautiful girls are already taken. In fact I've already theorized character profiles for the most probable cases based on the data."
He handed Rocky a folder.
"Bob. Age 23, engineer"
"Nath 22, student"
Rocky began flipping through pages.
He stopped at the one which had 'caution' written over it.
"That is the most probable case."
Kannahamaru said
Rocky took the paper in his hands. I moved to position where I could peek into the paper.
"So this guy's a communist and a believer?
Don't you think that's an odd combo?"
I looked at Rocky.
"Not a bad combination as an intellectual and being in love."
He paused a bit and continued "… not as odd as putting your intellectual resources into stalking either"
"I am not stalking…"
Kannahamaru protested.
"…I am researching"

-----------------

Day 17
"I'm on my productive peak"
Said Kannahamaru
"I so hate it when I accidentally publish a research article"
"Last night I was scribbling something and before I know I was mailing it to Nature."
"That can't be right, the peer review alone would take.…"
Began Rocky.
"Exceptions can be made my friend"
"You mean you manipulated them somehow?"
“Like I told you, I am a manipulative bastard. But why manipulate people when you can manipulate time?"

-----------------

Footnotes:
-----------------

1.  Title from the phrase "All is fair in love and warfirst used in
John Lyly's novel "Euphues: The Anatomy of Wit" published in 1579.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GET CAFFINATED

About