Thursday 20 April 2017

Hole in the wall (Kannahamaru chronicles #2)

Share it Please


"When you put your hand on the table top why doesn't it pass thorough ?
It should you, know considering matter consists of mainly free spaces"
Kannahamaru was in good spirits.


I looked across the room ,  Rocky was reading "Evolutionary adaptations of the..." Well what? I didn't look that long.
(Since we moved to the new hostel Kannahamaru became our immediate neighbor and eventually what I used to call an extended roommate.)
Yes, Kannahamaru was in good spirits. He pushed his glasses back with his ring finger and looked at Rocky. Then looked back at me. He was  making a point. Rocky was either upset or wasn't interested.
(We will get to it soon)
"So why doesn't my hand pass thorough the table or this wall, for that matter? "
Kannahamaru was caressing the wall.
"What's your point?"
"My point well, I cannot say a point because they are waves as much as they are particles, "
"Electrons my friend, electrons "
The electron cloud is what's that preventing my hand  from penetrating the wall. "
I had to imagine electrons as a swarm of angry bees refusing political asylum to kannahamaru's hand.

"No one understands electrons"
Rocky was up from his slumber.
Kannahamaru looked as if he's about to protest but soon remembered he has something better at hand.

"So that's obviously the election cloud of the wall  repelling the electron cloud of my hand."
He demonstrated it. "But if you need a little more punch, keep your wrist straight and form a first,  knuckles in a line, put your body  weight into the punch" he described the process as he did it. Somewhere along, the lecture stopped being on Quantam mechanics and started being a gym class. (  Kannahamaru knows the best.)
And
BANG!!
There was Kannahamaru-fist sized hole in the wall.
"sometimes we need punch through concrete walls because punching through problems is too mainstream" Kannahamaru ended the quote with a fullstop.

Illustrations by Vipin R

No comments:

Post a Comment

GET CAFFINATED

About